EXCLUSIVE: The Berlin-based Erich Pommer Institute (EPI) has unveiled the 15 female European producers selected for the third edition of its female leadership programme Series’ Women.
The only program of its type in Europe, the initiative aims to increase the visibility and industry exposure of female producers and female-driven projects, and in the process encourage more diversity in the audiovisual industry.
The selected producers include Rebecca Roughan, head of development at London-based Broadchurch creator Imaginary Friends; Carla Fotea, a producer at leading Romanian production company microFILM, and buzzy, rising Irish producer Claire McCabe at Dublin-based Pipedream Productions, whose credits include TV movie Wrapped and the award-winning short An Encounter.
The selected producers will participate in a workshops on series financing, distribution, and marketing and also be given one-to-one pitching coaching and curated mentoring from established industry professionals.
The program also features dedicated networking opportunities at the Drama Vision meeting of Sweden’s Göteborg Film Festival and Series Mania Forum in France.
“With Series’ Women, EPI not only aims at bringing the selected female producers’ careers and projects forward but wants to contribute to a more diverse and, thus, more sustainable and competitive European drama series industry,” said project manager Judith Klein.
The programme consists of five modules, which will take place from November 2023 to April 2024 both online and in various cities across Europe.
Series Women is funded by Creative Europe – MEDIA and is run partnership with Series Mania Forum, European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs (EAVE), European Women’s Audiovisual Network (EWA), FOCAL, Göteborg Film Festval, Screen Ireland, Kulturakademin, Vlaams Audiovisueel Fonds (VAF) and Women In Film & Television International (WIFTI).
- Esther Bensadon, France, Ragout
- Azra Djurdjevic, Switzerland, Filmgerberei
- Carla Fotea, Romania, microFILM
- Līga, Gaisa, Latvia, Air Productions
- Amanda Gicharu, Germany, Barakoa Media
- Maria Golos, Poland, Rozbrat Films
- Marta Habior, Poland, No Sugar Films
- Milena Klemke, Germany, Weydemann Bros.
- Karoline Kunz, Germany, Sommerhaus Filmproduktion
- Claire Mc Cabe, Ireland, Pipedream Productions
- Megan Messmer, Sweden, Messmerize Entertainment
- Tiko Nadirashvili, Georgia, Millimeter Film
- Emmy Oost, Belgium, Timescapes
- Rebecca Roughan, United Kingdom, Imaginary Friends Productions
- Nina Wikstøl, Norway, Seefood TV